Preview: Getafe Vs. Rayo Vallecano – prediction, team news, lineups

Advertisements

Sports Mole previews Sunday’s La Liga clash between Getafe and Rayo Vallecano, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Rayo Vallecano will continue their push for a top-half finish in the La Liga table on Saturday, when they travel to the Estadio Coliseum Alfonso Perez to take on Getafe.

Two wins and a draw from their last three games have seen the visitors climb back to 11th, while their hosts have recently put some crucial distance between themselves and the relegation zone.


Match preview

Getafe coach Quique Sanchez Flores on February 12, 2022© Reuters

In what has been a mixed season in their fight for survival, Getafe seemingly put themselves in a good position with back-to-back draws against Valencia and Athletic Bilbao, followed by a hard-fought 1-0 win over relegation rivals Mallorca at the beginning of April.

However, they then had to take on Real Madrid and Villarreal consecutively, and two defeats meant some of their previous hard work was undone as they sank worryingly close to the bottom three.

Quique Sanchez Flores‘s side were then able to make a crucial return to winning ways, as Borja Mayoral hit both goals in a 2-0 triumph away at Celta Vigo.

Now on the back of a commendable goalless stalemate with fifth-placed Real Betis, the Azulones sit five points above the drop zone with four games to play, and they will hope to further increase that cushion at the weekend with safety now within touching distance.

Rayo Vallecano coach Andoni Iraola during the match on March 3, 2022© Reuters

They welcome a Rayo Vallecano side who will look to go four games unbeaten in the top flight, having recently bounced back from a dismal run of form.

It has been a season of a few dramatic ups and downs for the visitors, who started in impressive fashion following their promotion from the second tier, as they briefly broke into the top four in December with nine wins and 30 points from the opening 18 La Liga games.

However, the form of Andoni Iraola‘s side then took a sharp dip, as they had to endure a 13-game winless run in the league straight after the turn of the year, only managing to collect four points in that time.

Los Franjorrocos were finally able to arrest their slump recently, putting up a first top-flight win of 2022 as they beat Espanyol 1-0, before unexpectedly seeing off second-placed Barcelona by the same scoreline thanks to Alvaro Garcia‘s goal at the Camp Nou.

Iraola’s men most recently followed that eye-catching win up with a commendable 1-1 draw at home to Real Sociedad last time out, as Radamel Falcao drew them level in the final 15 minutes, and, now having climbed to 11th spot in La Liga, they will aim to boost their chances of a top-10 finish with a win on their travels.

Getafe La Liga form:

Rayo Vallecano La Liga form:

Advertisements


Team News

Getafe's Enes Unal celebrates scoring their second goal with teammates on February 12, 2022© Reuters

Getafe will welcome defender Jorge Cuenca back to action after he served a suspension last time out, and the Spaniard should come straight into the back three, after midfielder Okay Yokusluadmittedly impressively, deputised in the defensive line in his absence.

While the Turkish international will hope to keep his place in the XI but in more of an advanced role, creative midfielder Carles Alena is also vying for a start after he was reduced to a substitute appearance last time out.

Enes Unal will continue to lead their line, having been the star man with 15 goals in 33 La Liga appearances this season, while Roma loanee Borja Mayoral will also keep his place in the attack after his brace in the recent win over Celta Vigo.

Rayo Vallecano remain without Esteban Saveljich due to an injury, although they will also be able to welcome defender Ivan Balliu back to action after he was suspended last time out.

Veteran striker Radamel Falcao broke a five-month goal drought to equalize in that game, after making an impressive start to the season, and Iraola may be tempted to deploy him from the outset on Sunday.

Forward Sergi Guardiola also has a strong claim for a spot, though, having netted three goals in the last six La Liga games.

Getafe possible starting lineup:
Soria; Djene, Cuenca, Mitrovic; Suarez, Alena, Maksimovic, Arambarri, Olivera; Unal, Mayoral

Rayo Vallecano possible starting lineup:
Dimitrievski; Balliu, Maras, Catena, F Garcia; Ciss, Comesana; Palazon, Guardiola, A Garcia; Falcao


SM words green background

We say: Getafe 2-2 Rayo Vallecano

Both teams should come in with confidence on Saturday, given their recent results, and we predict an exciting encounter that could finish level.

We see the teams having similar levels of quality, and the momentum from two wins and an impressive draw should see Rayo Vallecano force a share of spoils away from home.


Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a Getafe win with a probability of 39.39%. A win for Rayo Vallecano has a probability of 32.5% and a draw has a probability of 28.1%.

The most likely scoreline is Getafe 1-1 Rayo Vallecano with a probability of 13.16% and the second most likely scoreline is Getafe 1-0 Rayo Vallecano with a probability of 12.05%.


Top tip

Our expert tipster partners at Sporita.com are predicting under 2.5 goals in this match. Click here to find out what else they are predicting for this game and for more of their tried-and-tested football tips.Under 2.5: data


ID: 485160: 1false2false3false: QQ :: from db desktop: LenBod: collect11127:

Previews by email

Click here to get Sports Mole‘s daily email of previews and predictions for every major game!


Advertisements

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*