Man Utd duo informed ‘they are free to leave’ as Erik ten Hag rebuild takes shape

Advertisements

Manchester United’s beleaguered squad are preparing for their first pre-season under the management of Erik ten Hag, with the Dutchman running the rule over the entire playing staff

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

De Jong quizzed on Man Utd transfer links

Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Brandon Williams have reportedly been deemed surplus to requirements by new Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag.

The Dutchman is just weeks away from his first pre-season in charge, but has endured a frustrating start to the summer window, with transfer sagas threatening to derail his plans. Ten Hag was, perhaps optimistically, hoping to have the bulk of his window shopping completed by June 27 – when his new squad will reassemble for a grueling summer fitness schedule.

But after identifying several targets – including Barcelona ‘s Frenkie de Jong – the Red Devils have so far come up empty handed. United remain locked in talks to sign the former Ajax midfielder and there is still confidence that a deal could be done.

Elsewhere, Jurrien Timber was pinpointed by the ex-Ajax boss, but concerns over playing time in a World Cup year has left that deal up in the air. Those frustrations mean, that in all likelihood, the players he welcomes back next week are – by and large – the same that slumped to the club’s worst-ever Premier League finish.

Ten Hag is ready to hand a clean slate to many and will run the rule over several before deciding which have a future after his ruthless overhaul. But according to the Manchester Evening News, defenders Wan-Bissaka and Williams have already been informed they won’t be involved and are free to now pursue options elsewhere.







Aaron Wan-Bissaka has reportedly been told he is free to leave Man Utd this summer
(

Image:

Getty Images)

Wan-Bissaka is a perfect representation of United’s profligacy in the transfer market in recent seasons, signing for £ 45million in 2019 – despite its obvious deficiencies in attacking areas. And just three years on from his arrival, having lost his place in the starting XI to Diogo Dalot, the 24-year-old’s United career looks set to come to an end.

Former club Crystal Palace are said to have some interest in bringing the defender back to Selhurst Park, although any deal would likely be a temporary one. As for Williams, after failing to impress on-loan with Norwich City, it has become clear that he is unlikely to be of the level Ten Hag now requires.

HAVE YOUR SAY! How many signings do Man Utd need this summer? Let us know in the comments






Brandon Williams struggled while on-loan with relegated Norwich City

Dean Henderson is also closing in on a United exit, with a loan move to Nottingham Forest all-but confirmed in a deal which will give the newly-promoted the option to sign him permanently next summer.

Recently appointed chief executive Richard Arnold met with a group of supporters last week, in order to discuss the state of the club and their plans in the transfer window. In footage which was subsequently leaked online, Arnold stated in no uncertain terms that funds would be available for the new manager.

He said: “For this summer, the money the manager [Erik ten Hag] and director of football [John Murtough] wants is there […] and this is the bit where, what’s my job as CEO, I make sure John does his job on football. Get some f *** ing players in. Money’s there, OK? Get on with it John. Money is not a consideration on who we want. ”

Read More

Read More

.

Advertisements

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*