EUROPEAN TRANSFER ROUND-UP: All the big names are making headlines across the continent ahead of the summer window, and we have all the latest news and gossip
Liverpool have two trophies in the bag and one left to grab on Saturday … but already they are advances in their plans for next season as the summer transfer window opens soon.
Elsewhere, there is a lanky Austrian striker who is reportedly in demand by Premier League clubs including Manchester United and Chelsea – but they will face plenty of competition. Wolves look like they will be getting a star winger back for pre-season and Newcastle will be raiding Atletico Madrid, according to reports in European papers.
Mirror Sport has all the latest headlines, news and gossip from across the continent …
Price hiked for striker chased by 6 English clubs
A host of Premier League clubs have expressed an interest in Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic, who will cost £ 30m. In Germany leading paper kicker says Stuttgart have upped their asking price – and a staggering 13 clubs around the continent are looking at the deal.
Kicker claims Manchester United, Chelsea, West Ham, Newcastle, Brighton and Southampton are all interested in the 2m tall star who scored six goals in 15 games following injury earlier in the season.
Liverpool in £ 100m chase for midfielder
Liverpool have a £ 100m target this summer but face competition. Monaco’s Aurélien Tchouaméni is reported to be Jurgen Klopp’s top priority, and Mirror Sport understands he has agreed personal terms on a move to Anfield.
But Liverpool face a problem: the 22-year-old former Bordeaux star is also wanted by Real Madrid who have cash to throw around after missing out on Kylian Mbappe, and Tchouameni has also agreed terms with the Spanish giants.
Barca reject Traore deal
Adama Traore’s chances of staying at Barcelona have receded. The Wolves winger will be back in the Midlands for pre-season after six months on loan at Camp Nou, according to Spanish reports.
Barca are not willing to spend £ 27m on the powerful winger who started brightly in Spain but has flagged recently. He made four goals; two in Europe and two in LaLiga.
NurPhoto / PA Images)
Newcastle ready with a Lodi cash for a left back
Newcastle are ready to open talks with Atletico Madrid left-back Renan Lodi. The Brazilian is considering joining former team-mate Kieran Trippier at St James’ Park. The Geordies have a dilemma with a £ 15m option to buy Aston Villa’s Matt Targett, who spent four months on loan on Tyneside on the table.
But despite calling Targett an “integral” part of his squad and saying he had been exceptional since joining in January, boss Eddie Howe has yet to commit to a deal and has options elsewhere. Targett said last week it would be “brilliant” to stay at Newcastle. They also have Jamaal Lewis coming back from surgery on his groin injury.
Lodi, 24, would cost more than Targett and is also wanted by Juventus.
Barca boss has his say on Dembele
Barcelona coach Xavi has admitted Premier League target Ousmane Dembele is still in negotiations with the club. The out-of-contract midfielder has been in good form at the end of the season after being jeered at the start, and finished with 13 assists. Xavi said: “We’ll see if he stays here. There are negotiations, but I will always wish him the best. ”
“Everyone goes where they want and where they think they will be happy, even more so if the contract ends. He has helped us a lot during the last six months, and made a difference while being committed. I can only say positive things about Ousmane. He has been a professional. ” PSG are a reported destination.