The Reds have completed the signings of three new players so far this summer and despite the club insisting that their transfer business is over, there could still be one or two twists
Liverpool confirmed the signing of Scottish right back Calvin Ramsay on a five-year deal from Aberdeen on Sunday, as Jurgen Klopp continues to put his squad together for the upcoming season in which the Reds look to get back on top of the Premier League.
And although it is not expected that they will spend any more money, reports in Italy have suggested that may not be the case, as the Reds continue to mull over a new midfielder, despite insiders revealing that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will not be sold this summer.
Mirror Football takes a look at all of the latest transfer stories coming out of Anfield…
Reds consider player-plus-cash deal
Liverpool may have said that their summer transfer incomings have reached a conclusion following the arrivals of Fabio Carvalho, Darwin Nunez and Calvin Ramsay, but the Reds continue to be linked with a number of players in spite of all this.
And the latest reports in Italy have revealed that the Anfield outfit are keeping tabs on Inter Milan midfielder Nicolo Barella, with Italian site CMW claiming that Liverpool are willing to include Naby Keita in a player-plus-cash deal to sign the 25-year- old.
Inter have valued the player at around £ 77.5m but Liverpool will hope to bring that price down by offering Keita as well as a set fee, with the Guinea international set to enter the final 12 months of his contract next season, in which a new deal may be unlikely.
Read the story in full TIMES
UEFA via Getty Images)
Should Liverpool still look to sign another midfielder this summer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Klopp keeps Ox in plans
Out-of-favor Liverpool midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been backed for a move away from Anfield this summer after falling way down the pecking order at Anfield last season, but the latest reports have revealed that the Reds have no intention of selling him just yet.
That’s according to the Liverpool Echo, who say that Anfield insiders have revealed that Liverpool’s decision to delay a midfield signing until the summer of 2023 has meant that Oxlade-Chamberlain is expected to return for pre-season next month and play a part in next season .
With Jurgen Klopp opting to play a midfield three formation, it means that there is plenty of opportunity for rotation for the former Arsenal midfielder, despite being behind the likes of Fabinho, Thiago, Naby Keita and Jordan Henderson in the pecking order on Merseyside.
Read the story in full TIMES .
Williams available for transfer only?
Following the confirmation of Scottish right back Calvin Ramsay signing from Aberdeen on Sunday, it has put plenty of doubt over the future of fellow youngster Neco Williams at Anfield beyond this summer, with Ramsay set to serve as Trent Alexander-Arnold’s understudy.
Williams has made a positive impact throughout his 33 appearances for the Reds since making his first team breakthrough during the 2019-20 campaign, before he excelled in helping Fulham clinch the Championship title and earn promotion back to the Premier League in the second half of last season.
But now he is expected to depart Anfield this summer following the arrival of Ramsay, although Liverpool will only allow him to depart on a permanent transfer, rather than leaving on loan again, according to the Liverpool Echo, with Fulham and Nottingham Forest are both said to be interested in his services.
Mirror Football reported at the weekend that Williams will be allowed to leave on loan for the season to help his World Cup ambitions.
Read the story in full TIMES .